CCleaner, my preferred security tool for clearing Cache and Temp files has been udpated to support Windows 8, Opera and…
CCleaner, my preferred security tool for clearing Windows System, Application, Browser Cache History, and Temp Files, has been updated to version 3.20.1750. This latest version includes several updates however the most important two I noticed (which prompted me writing this quick news blurb) is the new support for the Windows 8 Release Preview and Opera Support.
I’ve talked a lot about CCLeaner over the years as it’s one of my favorite security/privacy Freeware packages out there for both MAC and Windows. You can use it to clear privacy data off your PC as well as manage startup programs.
The publisher of the software Piriform has other great titles we’ve written about like a freeware file/folder recovery or undelete product Recurva or system inventory tool Speccy. All are worth a look if you ever need to recover a file or get detailed info on your system.
Anyway, regarding the new CCleaner, here’s a full rundown on what’s included in the new version.
v3.20.1750 – CCLeaner Download Location
- Added Windows Explorer Context Menu management to the Startup tool.
- Added Windows 8 Release Preview compatibility.
- Added Opera 12 support.
- Updated History cleaning for Aurora.
- Updated History cleaning for Chrome Canary.
- Improved UAC bypass code.
- Improved accuracy for uninstall items installation date and size.
- Improved Scheduled Tasks detection.
- Improved cleaning algorithm duplication detection.
- Improved file and setting removal when uninstalling.
- Minor bug fixes.
Worth an upgrade if you’ve not updated in a while.