Apple today released iOS 13.2.2 which fixes a multitasking bug and includes security-related fixes. It’s available to download and install now.
Following the big release of iOS 13 Apple has been rolling out new versions and incremental updates that include new features, fixes, and improvements. Today the company is releasing iOS 13.2.2 for iPhone and iPadOS 13.2.2 for iPad. This incremental update fixes a number of issues. Namely, a bug in iOS 13 where apps would stop running in the background.
Apple Releases iOS 13.2.2 for iPhone and iPadOS 13.2.2 for iPad
Apple has been quick to release new updates for related issues to the mobile OS over the past few months. In addition to fixing the background app issue, there are a number of fixes related to security.
Whether you’re using iPhone or iPad you can download and install today’s latest update on your mobile device by heading to Settings > General > Software Update. Then tap the “Download and Install” button. Keep in mind your device will need to restart to complete the update process. So, you’ll want to find a convenient time to grab the update.
Here are the full release notes of what is fixed in this update according to Apple:
iOS 13.2.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background
- Resolves an issue where iPhone may temporarily lose cellular service after a call
- Addresses an issue where cellular data may temporarily not be available
- Fixes an issue that caused replies to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be unreadable
- Addresses an issue where using Kerberos single sign-on service in Safari may present an authentication prompt
- Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on YubiKey Lightning-powered accessories