Trying to track down a song or artist you’ve listened to before on Spotify? You can check your Spotify listening history easily using this guide.
Spotify keeps a listening history for you, allowing you to quickly go back and play songs you’ve listened to before. The feature is reminiscent of the Spotify Wrapped feature, but you can do it any time of the year.
Here’s a look a how to access your Spotify listening history at any point.
How to View Your Spotify Listening History on Desktop
First, we’ll look at how you can access your Spotify listening history using the desktop version of Spotify.
To view Spotify listening history on desktop:
- First, we’ll take a look at the desktop. Launch the desktop app on Spotify and log in with your account details (if you’re not already).
- Click the Queue button next to the volume bar at the bottom. A play icon with two and a half horizontal lines will appear.
- Next, click on the Recently played tab at the top of the page.
- A list of your recently played tracks will display—you can click on any track you wish to play. You can also add these tracks to a playlist if you want to.
It’s important to note that while you can find your history, you can only view the history from the list. However, you cannot remove items from the list.
How to View Your Spotify Listening History Online
It’s also possible to keep track of your Spotify listening history in the Spotify web player. Unfortunately, the process isn’t the same as the desktop player, but it does have a dedicated tab to see your listening history on a dedicated Home screen.
To view your Spotify Listening History in the web player:
- Log into your Spotify account online if you haven’t already. On the left side, click the Home tab.
- Click your account’s down button and select Profile.
- Click your Profile button again, and it will list recently listened to artists and songs.
How to See Your Spotify Listening History on Mobile
You can also find your listening history on your phone or tablet. This works in the Spotify app on Android, iPhone, and iPad.
To access your Spotify listening history on mobile, use the following steps:
- Launch the Spotify app on iPhone, iPad, or Android and sign in if you aren’t already.
- At the bottom of the main screen, tap the Home button.
- Tap the Recently Played icon on the home screen (top-right).
- You’ll see the recently played songs—just tap a track to play it.
Enjoying Spotify Music
Using the steps above, you can quickly check your listening history on Spotify and play songs you’ve enjoyed in the past. Spotify has other cool and interesting features that allow you to manage your music, however.
For example, you can change your Spotify playlist picture. If you need a new Spotify account, you can transfer your playlists to a new account. Another often overlooked and underused feature is adding your own music collection from local files.
Of course, like any software, Spotify isn’t perfect—you’ll want to fix Spotify when it stops working.