Google recently updated its Chromecast app to include a cool new feature that allows you to personalize the Chromecast with what it calls Backdrop. It allows you to add photo albums, news, and other items to your TV. Here’s a look at how to set it up and change the type of content it displays.
Chromecast Backdrop for Android or iOS
Once installed, tap on the settings menu and then Backdrop.
From there you can select the items you want to display as the backdrop. You can choose your Google+ photos or a specific album. It also lets you display current news, weather, and photos that are curated from Google like satellite images, art, or featured photos.
This is a cool feature that allows you to make use of the device while not watching movies or TV on it.
Speaking of the Google Chromecast, we have some other articles you might be interested in checking out, whether you’re new to it or a seasoned pro.
- Six Tips for Getting More Out of Chromecast
- This App Makes Me Want to Use Chromecast All the Time (Finally)
- There’s More Google Chromecast Apps Out There Than You Think
- How To Play Your Own Media Files to Google Chromecast
- Send YouTube Videos to Chromecast from Windows Phone
What are your favorite features of the Chromecast since it has matured? Leave a comment below and let us know.