Disney is allowing more mature content to its streaming service. If you want to lock these down, update your parental controls on Disney+ with this guide.
Disney recently added Netflix’s collection of Marvel shows to the service. If you have seen any of the shows, you’ll know that they are more graphic and contain more mature language than your typical MCU shows.
With the more adult-themed content, you’ll want to update your parental controls on Disney+. Here’s how.
How to Update Parental Controls on Disney+
The new Disney+ shows typically have a TV-MA rating and include a lot of violence, curse words, and adult-themed issues. So, with the latest content, you’ll want to update your parental controls on Disney+.
You can update parental controls on Disney+ using these steps:
- First, open your Disney Plus app or open the Disney+ website on your PC or Mac.
- You’ll find a promotion screen with show cover art streaming, most notably the new Marvel shows on the service like Daredevil and The Punisher. Click the Continue button.
- Now, choose if you want to select the Full Catalog or not. The Full Catalog option means you will have TV-MA. If you choose the Not Now button, your rating will stay at TV-14 rated content.
- After choosing Full Catalog, it will prompt you to enter your Disney+ password to confirm.
- Next, you’ll be given the option to Create a Profile PIN. The PIN will provide you with full access to everything, including TV-MA content like the shows mentioned above. You’ll need to enter your PIN any time you move between profiles. That will help make sure your young ones stay out of inappropriate content.
Adding Parental Controls on Disney+
While Disney+ allows subscribers to access more adult-themed content, you can still make sure your youngest ones stay clear. But, of course, you can still create a new kids profile on Disney+.
To do this:
- On your phone, tap Add Profile.
- Pick an avatar you want to use for the account.
- Give the profile a name, turn on the Kids Profile, and tap the Save button.
Subscribe to Disney+
If you didn’t catch the Marvel series on Netflix, you can still catch up. Instead of Netflix, all shows now air on-demand on Disney+. Not to mention, you can view the entire MCU, including live-action tv shows like WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, and Hawkeye.
Or maybe the Star Wars universe is more your thing. Disney+ includes all the motion pictures and shows like The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and the soon-to-be-released Obi-Wan Kenobi.
If you’re just getting started, a subscription to Disney+ costs $7.99/month or $79.99/year. You can also take advantage of the Disney+ bundle, which contains Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $13.99/month (with Hulu ads) or $19.99/month (with no Hulu ads).