Do you have an iPhone video that you want to play a little quicker? Here’s how to speed up a video on your iPhone.
Your iPhone is a great device for recording videos, but if they’re a little slow, you might want to play through them a little quicker.
Put simply—it’s time to speed things up a little.
If you recorded a slow-mo video on your iPhone, you can change the playback speed to do just that. Even if it’s just a standard video, you can use the iMovie app on your iPhone to speed up your video.
It’s time to show you how to speed up a video on your iPhone—let’s get started.
How to Speed up a Video on iPhone using iMovie
To speed up any video you have on your iPhone, you can use the iMovie app that comes preinstalled on your iPhone. If you’ve deleted it, you can download it for free from the App Store.
To speed up an iPhone video using iMovie:
- Launch the iMovie app.
- Tap on Movie at the bottom of the screen.
- If this option isn’t visible, tap on Start New Project to make it appear.
- In the top left-hand corner, tap on Media.
- Tap on Video.
- Tap on All or one of the other folders if that’s where your video is located.
- Scroll through your videos and tap the one that you want to speed up.
- Tap on the check mark.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on Create Movie.
- Tap on the clip in the timeline.
- Tap on the Speed icon.
- Drag the yellow slider to the right. Each tick you move increases the playback speed by a quarter. The fastest option is 2x speed.
- If you want different sections of the video to play at different speeds, drag the ends of the yellow bars in the timeline to move the start of a section.
- A new section will be created, and you can set the speed independently for each section.
- Once you’re happy with your video, click on Done.
- Tap on the movie name if you want to edit it.
- To save your movie in your camera videos, tap on the Share Sheet icon.
- Scroll down and tap Save Video.
- Your video will be exported to your camera roll.
How to Speed up a Slow Motion Video on iPhone
If your iPhone is an iPhone 5s or newer, then it has the ability to record videos in slo-mo (slow motion) mode. Standard videos capture 30 frames per second on iPhones. Slo-mo videos capture 120 or 240 frames per second. When all of those frames are played at slower speeds, you get a slow-motion effect.
If you’ve recorded a slo-mo video, it’s possible to speed it up with just a few taps.
To speed up a slo-mo video on iPhone:
- Open the slo-mo video on your iPhone.
- Tap on Edit at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a bar that shows which parts of the video are at normal speed and which are slowed down.
- Tap and hold on to the bar at the right-hand side of the slo-mo section.
- Drag it all the way to the right.
- Tap and hold on to the other bar and drag it all the way to the right too.
- The entire timeline is now showing a video at normal speed. Tap Done to save your changes.
- Your video will now play at normal speed.
Capture Great Content with your iPhone
Knowing how to speed up a video on iPhone is just one way to create great iPhone videos.
Did you know that you can edit your videos from the Photos app?