Do you need to change the time of a Google Calendar appointment? Here’s how to propose a new time in Google Calendar on a PC, Mac, or mobile device.
Google Calendar is a free and easy way to keep track of events and appointments in your diary. It’s also a great way to schedule meetings with other people for work or pleasure. If you’ve received an invitation to an event in Google Calendar, the time may not necessarily work for you.
Thankfully, it’s easy to propose a new time or date that would suit you better. You can do this through the Google Calendar webpage or by using the Google Calendar app on your mobile device.
Here’s how to propose a new time in Google Calendar.
How to Propose a New Time in Google Calendar Online
If you want to propose a new time for an event in Google Calendar, you can do so directly through the Google Calendar webpage on your laptop or desktop.
To propose a new time in Google Calendar on PC or Mac:
- Open Google Calendar in a web browser and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the date of the event and click it to bring up the event details.
- At the bottom of the window, click the arrow icon.
- Press Propose a New Time.
- To propose a different date, click the Start Date and select your proposed date.
- To propose a different time, click the Start Time and select a different time.
- Add an optional message if you wish.
- Click Send Proposal.
- Your proposed new time will be sent to the event organizer. If they are happy with it, they can save the change and the event will be moved.
Proposing a New Google Calendar Meeting Time in Gmail
If you’re checking your mail through your Gmail account in a browser, you can use the More Options button in your event invitation email to propose a new time. If you’re using a different email client, however, this button will take you directly to the event in Google Calendar.
To propose a new time in Google Calendar through Gmail:
- Log into Gmail in your browser.
- Open the email inviting you to the event.
- Select More Options beneath the invitation.
- Select Propose a New Time.
- You will be taken to the Propose a New Time section of Google Calendar.
- Confirm the new time and date and press Send Proposal.
How to Propose a New Time in Google Calendar on iPhone, iPad, or Android
You can also suggest a new time in Google Calendar by using the Google Calendar app on your mobile. The method is the same on both Android and iOS, although the apps look a little different.
To propose a new time in Google Calendar on mobile:
- Open the Google Calendar app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Find the event and tap it.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the arrow icon.
- Tap Propose a New Time.
- To propose a new date, tap the Start Date and select a different date.
- To propose a new time, tap on the Start Time and choose a different time.
- You can add an optional note explaining your reasons for the proposed change if you wish.
- When you’re happy with your changes, tap the Send icon.
- You’ll need to confirm your attendance status before the proposal will send.
- Your proposal will be sent to the event organizer.
Get More From Google Calendar
Learning how to propose a new time in Google Calendar means that you can rearrange an event or meeting if the original time and date aren’t suitable. It’s then up to the creator of the event whether they want to accept your proposal or not.
There’s plenty more you can do to get the most out of Google Calendar. You can share your Google Calendar with family, friends, or colleagues. If you’re a sports fan, you can add your team’s schedule to your Google Calendar.