Are you overwhelmed by Instagram comment? You can pin certain comments on an Instagram post to improve their visibility. Here’s how.
Had a popular Instagram post? It can be tricky to keep track of the comments. You don’t want to miss any positive ones, and you definitely don’t want to see the negative ones. Luckily, Instagram allows you to pin a comment, placing it above all of the others.
Pinning a comment lets you pick the one you like the most, placing it at the top of the list. The idea of pinning quality comments to the top helps avoids negativity and trolls.
If you want to manage your social media content a little more closely, here’s how to pin a comment on Instagram.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram on iPhone
The ability to pin a comment from the Instagram mobile app is semi-hidden, but we’ll show you where to look and what to do on iPhone and Android.
Note: You can only pin comments on your own posts on Instagram. Also, you’re only allowed to pin up to three comments on your posts.
To pin a comment on Instagram:
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone, navigate to your post where you want to pin a comment, and tap the comments button.
- All the comments for your post will appear. Find the one you want to feature at the top and swipe left.
- Tap the thumbtack icon when the options appear.
- A notification message will show you that you can pin three comments, and the person who commented will be notified. Tap the Pin comment button if it appears.
- If you want to unpin a comment, select it, swipe to the left, and tap the thumbtack icon.
- When the notification message appears, tap the Unpin option to remove the comment.
How to Pin a Comment on Instagram on Android
If you want to pin a comment to the top of the list on Android, the idea is the same, but the steps vary.
To pin a comment on Instagram on Android:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android phone and tap the comments icon.
- Tap and hold the comment you want to pin—a toolbar will appear at the top.
- Select the thumbtack icon to pin the post.
- Tap the Pin comment button if the verification message appears. Usually, it only comes up the first time you pin a comment with the app.
- To unpin a comment, tap and hold the comment until the toolbar appears at the top, and tap the thumbtack icon.
- Tap the Unpin option when the verification message appears.
Managing Comments on Instagram
If you have a busy profile and you’re swamped with comments, pinning your Instagram comments allows you to pick the best ones and display them on top. Since you can pin up to three comments, you can unpin one and replace it if one comes in that you think is better.
If you’re new to the popular social network, check out these Instagram tips and tricks. To ensure your account is secure, read about adding Two-Factor Authentication to your Instagram account.
You might also be interested in the best time of day to publish Instagram posts.