Want to be on one of those popular TV shows where a dude like Simon Cowell nitpicks your abilities and others get to see it? Then today is your lucky day! America’s Got Talent will be recruiting performers straight from YouTube for a special segment with a $1,000,000 prize.
Can you sing, dance, juggle, make people laugh, or turn yourself into a giant balloon?
From the http://www.youtube.com/agt page Click the Submit button to enter your video into the contest.
A few rules for submission:
- Videos must contain 90 seconds of a recent performance.
- Max length is 2 minutes so that only leaves 30 seconds of commentary.
- Performances must be live, not video edited to make you look good.
- Lip syncing is also a no-no.
- You need a YouTube account to enter.
The biggest tip they give for success is to use popular music for musical entries. Playing some weird, inappropriate song isn’t going to make anyone want to give you some thumbs up.
Submissions are due before June 23, and voting starts June 28.