TV Tuner cards are a thing of the past. All you need to watch high-quality television programming is Windows 7 and a fast internet connection. Many people have already started watching online using web-based services, but Windows Media Center offers high-quality episodes with a heavy set of features. No more long commercials, no more unwanted re-runs, just the entertainment you choose right at your fingertips.
Note: Internet TV on Windows Media Center is only available in some countries. U.S.A. residents should have no issues, however.
How To Watch Your Favorite TV Shows Online Using Windows Media Center In Windows 7
1. Click the Windows Start Menu Orb, then Type in windows media center and Press Enter.
2. Click the TV > internet tv button within Windows Media Center.
Note: If this button doesn’t appear/exist, see our groovy article here for a fix. If the button still doesn’t appear, you can manually override and enter it from this Microsoft Link.
3. Click the checkbox and then Click Install.
4. The Internet TV download is about 5MB and should take less than a minute on a high-speed connection, so a small amount of patience is needed here.
5. Welcome to Internet TV! From here there are a wide variety of shows. Latest episodes and top-rated series will appear at the top of the window.
6. Notice the numbered listings to help keep track of how many shows you’ve seen. They cycle so it can get confusing.
7. Dexter from the Golden Globe Winners Past & Present is not affiliated with grooveDexter. Find a show you like and Click Watch Now.
8. Depending which show you chose, the navigation will vary. The show CSI Miami is part of CBS, and therefore any top navigation link will show you only CBS shows. This area will also display different options for Full Episodes or just Clips. If you want to watch the full series, sorry but there are only three episodes here. Then again, free television isn’t a bad price to pay.
9. If it’s your first time watching Internet TV on Windows Media Center, then you’ll need to perform an update. Similarly to before, just Check the checkbox and Click Update.
10. After the first minutes or so of the show, you’ll see your first commercial! Don’t worry these commercials are short. <phew> A timer at the top right of your screen will display how many seconds are remaining in your commercial, these are usually less than 30 seconds.
11. If you Click Pause or Hover over your video, you will see the timeline. You can skip to whatever part of your show you like, instantly. Puts TiVo to shame. The small white vertical bars designate a commercial point on the timeline.
12. If you know the exact show you are looking for you can use the Search feature, and it should list all related videos to your show. Take care as the list will typically display MANY videos unless you designate specific search parameters on the left side of the search screen.
Have you had a groovy experience using Windows Media Center? We’d love to hear your feedback and stories below. Alternatively feel free to join the open discussion in the groovyPost community forum!
I recommend that you go to these places.
Do you people know of any other places?
@Dustin – Justin.tv I’ve seen however I’ve never seen the other one. Do they have good network TV? When I went to watchmoviesonpc.com the blog looked a little “odd” and not 100% legit. Can’t say I’m very interested in installing any SW on my box. Do you use it?
For months now I can not watch Internet TV or Netflix on Windows Media Center.
It is a red screen an it wont play. I have tired all the fixes I could find. I had to download an install Kylo browser to be able to watch Netflix an other tv without going to each channnel.
i watch all my tv online. So much better…movies too
Hi; Nice post for me. Your post has good quality. I want to has good posts like yours in my blog. How do you make these posts? And you have a problem about your template.You should fix your caseabout your template … I recently came across your blog and have been visitingalong. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Great blog. I will keep reading this website often.Good day…
Typically, the VDR behaves like a normal digital receiver; the picture is sent to a television, and is controlled using a remote control by choosing items from a simple but functional On Screen Display (OSD). While switching channels, an Electronic Program Guide (EPG) provides information such as the title of the current and next show. The EPG can be configured to display the shows of only one station, or of all current broadcasts in “What’s on now?/next?”. Many other options are also available such as: sortable channel listings, a program schedule, timer programming, and a list of pre-recorded shows. Commercials can be removed from pre-recorded shows using the cutting functions.
My personal tip is the new Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky , a PCI card, DVB-S2 (HDTV, MPEG4), which seamless integrates into SuSe (my version 11.3) and VDR system. Also tested with Windows 7 Mediacenter (64Bit)
Acontece que bom, acho que não entendo bem mas não estar disponivel no brasil ou então eu não sei configurar
segui todos os seus procedimentos instalei os dois softwares atualizei a internet ja fiz de tudo mudei fuzo horario
regiões idiomas tudo mas não adianta não funciona
aparece todos os programas de tv onde acho que todos eles são americanos mas quando cliko no programa pra assistir ocorre um erro
informa que não estar disponivel e pede pra tentar mais tarde.
Assino o netflix esse só consigo assistir pela internet acessando a conta maas atravé do media center não
li inumeros artigos vejo videos no you tube os americanos tem essas opções de ver tv apartir do media center os programas ceriados e filmes do netflix
pra mim só aparece o icone quando clico no filme tambem ocorre erro ao tentar abrir a pagina parece bem uma configuração entre navegador e media center tanto pra internet tv quanto pro netflix
Great points altogether, you simply won a emblem new reader. What may you recommend about your put up that you made some days in the past? Any positive?