Microsoft announced on Friday the final release dates for Office 2010, Sharepoint 2010, Visio 2010, and Project 2010. I talked about this a few months back, but in a recent blog post from Microsoft, they finally shored up the dates a bit now that the Office 2010 code has gone RTM.
- April 22, 2010: MSDN subscribers
- April 27, 2010: Volume License customers with active software assurance (SA)
- May 1, 2010: Volume License customers without SA
- June 2010: Retail stores will begin selling to consumers/small biz
- PreOrder: If you’re a consumer or small biz, you can pre-order Office 2010 today and receive it when it becomes available. Goto: http://store.microsoft.com/OfficePreorder
As is typical with all key Microsoft product launches, Microsoft will be hosting a Virtual Launch event which you can participate in by registering at www.the2010event.com.
Our virtual launch will allow people from around the globe to participate in our launch by going to http://www.the2010event.com. The virtual launch site will showcase product demos, customer and partner testimonials, and interviews with product managers and executives, and we hope this will give you another great way to explore, learn, and get excited about the 2010 releases.
I’ve been using Office 2010 since the beta release and overall, I like it. Hopefully, most of you have MSDN so you can get your hands on it sooner rather than later!
Office 2010 reaches RTM [via Office Blog]