Want to create your own calendar? You can create a calendar with images or text in Word using templates or your own design. This guide will explain how.
Do you struggle to find a calendar that’s in the format that you want? Do you wish you had more space on your calendar or a different layout? If so, making your own calendar in Word could be a good option.
You can choose to create a calendar completely from scratch, or you can speed up the process by making use of one of the pre-set calendar templates that come included with the word processing application.
Ready to get started? You can create a calendar in Word the way you want it by following the steps below.
How to Make a Calendar in Word Using Tables
If you want to create a calendar that exactly meets your specifications, you can do everything from scratch using tables in Word. This allows you to design the exact layout that you want for your calendar.
To create a calendar in Word using tables:
- Open a new Word document.
- Press Enter a few times to move the cursor down the page.
- Click the Insert menu.
- In the ribbon, click the Table icon.
- Click and hold the top-left square and drag out a 7×6 table.
- Fill in the days of the week in the top row.
- Fill in the dates of the month, using another calendar as a reference.
- Highlight any dates that are outside the current month.
- In the Home menu, click the Text Color icon and select a gray color.
- Repeat for any other dates outside the current month.
- Click the Insert menu.
- Click the Text Box icon and select Simple Text Box.
- Use the handles of the text box to drag out the text box to match the width of your table. You may need to move your table to get the text box to fit at the size you want.
- Enter the text you want for the title of your calendar page.
- In the Home menu, use the font tools to select the size and style of font you want for the text in your calendar.
- When you are happy with your work, save your file. If you want to create more, move on to creating the next month.
How to Make a Calendar in Word Using Templates
If all of the above feels a bit too much like hard work, and you want to create a calendar with just a few clicks, you can use Word templates. There are pre-set calendar templates that can help you create your own calendar in a matter of moments.
To make a calendar using Word templates:
- Open a new document.
- Click New and type Calendar into the search box.
- Select one of the calendar templates.
- Click Create.
- Select the month and date you want for your calendar.
- Click Themes to choose from the list of themes for your calendar.
- To select from a range of different color themes, click Colors.
- Click Fonts to choose the fonts for your calendar.
- If you need to change the dates to a different month, click Select New Dates.
- Choose the month and year that you want to change to.
- When you’re happy with your calendar, save your file. You can then repeat the process for other months if you wish.
Get Creative with Word
Learning how to make a calendar in Word is just one way you can use the popular spreadsheet application for far more than just text documents.
For example, you can insert and edit images in Word. You can make those images transparent when you’re creating flyers, and compress images in Word to keep your file size down. It’s even possible to rotate text in Word to make your documents even more creative.