How-To

How To Post Facebook Updates to Twitter Automatically

If you want to post the same updates on Facebook and Twitter, know that you don’t have to access both services individually. Here’s how to add to both.

If you’re promoting posts on your blog to your Facebook page fans, it can be annoying to open Twitter to post the same content again. Here’s how to send your Facebook posts automatically to Twitter and save time in the process.

We’ve covered other services and apps that will get the same posts on social networks like Google+, Facebook, and Twitter. But this method is built into Facebook, and all you need to do is enable it.

Facebook Posts to Twitter

This is not limited to Facebook pages. You can also link your personal Facebook page to your Twitter account. Also, make sure you’re logged in to your Twitter account for this to work.

Start by going to this link, and you’ll arrive at the following page. If you want to link your personal account to Twitter, click the green “Link my Profile to Twitter” button. Or choose the “Link a Page to Twitter” option.

Facebook to Twitter main

You’ll get a list including your profile and the pages you’re currently managing. Click the “Link to the Twitter” button next to each one you want to link up.

Facebook to Twitter list

Then Authorize the app.

Facebook to Twitter authorize

You will then be returned to Facebook, and the page will notify you that your page has been successfully linked.

Facebook to Twitter linked

One more thing that needs to be done now. Scroll down until you find the page you linked and select the updates you want to be posted to Twitter. For instance, maybe you want to post status updates and photos, but not events.

Facebook to Twitter what to post

That’s all there is to it! Now any time you post on Facebook, the content you’ve chosen will automatically be posted on Twitter too.

If you like to get the same messages out on both popular social networks, then definitely give this a try and let us know what you think about it.

20 Comments

20 Comments

1. David Harvey

March 19, 2016 at 4:01 am

Dear Bogdan,

Thanks for your help linking my Facebook Posts to my twitter Tweets. I did a post on facebook last night with a couple of pictures and although the post is shown as a tweet on Twitter, the pictures have not carried over. How do I fix this?

2. Chris

July 3, 2019 at 3:28 am

3rd July 2019. I have a business page within my Facebook pages. I have followed your suggestion and I can see that my business is linked to Twitter. But when I post on my business page, sadly the post does not arrive on Twitter. Any suggestions?

• Tracy

September 5, 2019 at 8:53 am

The same thing is happening to me. Has something changed this summer??? My settings are all correct but my posts haven’t been going to Twitter since June even though nothing about my settings has changed.

• Dayleen Van Ryswyk

March 14, 2020 at 3:26 pm

This happened to me as well. Nothing has posted from one to the other since May 2019. I’ve tried and tried. Restarted, uninstalled and redid everything multiple times..nothing works

• Kenny JARELS

March 28, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Mine is still not working.

3. Peter

July 15, 2019 at 1:13 am

This has worked for many years for me but since middle of May my Facebook posts are not shared on Twitter anymore, on 3 accounts.

• Bryan

July 25, 2019 at 10:56 pm

started for me in march, same issue. reconnecting doesn’t fix it

• Christy

August 14, 2019 at 7:31 am

My business page started not working in April. Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this? Manually posting to both sites really isn’t on my to-do list.

• Lisa

August 21, 2019 at 6:27 am

Same here. It stopped working in May

4. Chris

July 16, 2019 at 3:13 am

I’ve had my Facebook business page linked to my Twitter account for some months (as suggested above)and although I do post on FB several times each day, not one FB post has appeared on my Twitter page. Any advice?

5. Gillian Russell

September 3, 2019 at 2:37 am

I have the same problem – used to work but doesn’t now.

6. Leah

September 27, 2019 at 1:45 pm

My posts are going to twitter, but not my pictures. I have everything set to share, but it’s not working.

7. Hilary

October 17, 2019 at 12:45 pm

My FB page to Twitter is also broken as of spring 2019. Has anybody fixed theirs? Is this a problem with my FB page not being “verified” per FB’s ever changing rules?

8. Lynda

January 25, 2020 at 11:10 am

Jan 2020: Any updates on the issue of posts not actually being shared to Twitter? I have linked (and unlinked) my Facebook page to Twitter several times (in an attempt to troubleshoot). Posts are just not being shown on Twitter.

I would appreciate a follow-up article (and hopefully some solutions) on this issue. Thank you!

9. Kenny

January 28, 2020 at 3:59 pm

I’m having the same problems.

10. Craig

February 17, 2020 at 12:28 am

I’m having same problem, stopped working in May 2019. Can’t believe there is NO solution and I haven’t seen this being brought up elsewhere, but obviously a ton of people are having this issue of Facebook posts not posting to Twitter.

11. Darren

March 11, 2020 at 8:10 am

I have the same issue, stopped working July 2019, I have tried to relink it many times but no luck.

12. David Sandler

March 28, 2020 at 7:44 am

My understanding is facebook removed this capability of automatically posting to twitter

13. Trey

August 29, 2021 at 1:35 pm

I don’t have the green “Link my profile to Twitter” link on the page in the first step. :(

14. Kenny JARELS

August 31, 2021 at 4:36 am

This feature no longer works. You can no longer link Facebook to Twitter.