How to Delete a Cash App Account
Cash App is a useful payment app but there are other options out there. Learn how to delete a Cash App account in this guide.
Cash App is a payment app that enables you to send and receive money from your phone. If you no longer use it or you decide to switch to a different app, you may choose to delete it from your phone.
Deleting the Cash App app from your phone won’t delete your account, however. The account will still exist and may have money in it.
Before you delete the app from your phone, you’ll need to empty your account and then close down your account completely. If you’re ready to say goodbye, learn how to delete a Cash App account below.
How to Withdraw Your Cash App Balance
If you decide that you want to close your Cash App account, you’ll need to empty out your balance first. If you delete your app or your account without doing so, you may lose any money remaining in your account.
To withdraw your balance in Cash App:
- Tap the Bank icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Cash Out button.
- Drag the slider to select the full amount of your Cash App balance.
- Tap Cash Out.
- Confirm your decision to cash out.
- Select Standard or Instant withdrawal speeds. Instant withdrawals incur a fee of between 0.5% and 1.75%. Standard withdrawals are completely free but can take up to three business days.
- Your money will be transferred to your linked bank account within the chosen time frame. You may prefer to wait until the money is in your linked bank account before moving on to delete your Cash App account for good.
How to Delete Your Cash App Account
Once you’ve emptied your Cash App account, and the money has hit your bank, you can delete your Cash App account. It’s possible to do this directly through the app.
To delete your Cash App account:
- Tap on the Account icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Support.
- Under Browse tap Something Else.
- Select Edit Account Settings.
- Choose Close Your Cash App Account.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Confirm.
- Once you receive confirmation that your Cash App account has been closed, you can safely delete the app from your phone.
Choosing Another Payment App
If you want to know how to delete a Cash App account, then the chances are that you may be on the lookout for alternative money transfer apps. The good news is that there are some great options out there.
Venmo is another popular payment app that you might want to consider. Venmo’s USP is that it allows you to see the transactions of people in your contacts, or even the public transactions of total strangers.
If that’s not for you, you can always set your own Venmo transactions to Private. And if you’re an iPhone user in the US, you can send and receive money using Apple Pay directly from Messages.