Want to cut back on your streaming subscriptions? You can easily cancel your additional Amazon subscriptions using these steps.
Your Amazon Prime subscription has a lot of features—you might not even be aware of some of them. Of course, an Amazon Prime subscription’s two main selling points are fast shipping and Prime Video.
However, you’ve probably seen something you want to watch, but it’s only available with an extra subscription. For example, you need to subscribe to the Coda Collection for other music videos and concerts, which is $4.99/month. Maybe you subscribe to Paramount Plus through Amazon.
When you’ve seen everything an extra subscription provides, you can cancel it. If that’s the case, here’s how to cancel subscriptions on Amazon Prime Video.
How to Cancel Subscriptions on Amazon Prime Video
When you’ve binged on all the shows you wanted on a specific subscription you paid for, it’s time to cancel it and save some money.
To cancel subscriptions on Amazon Prime:
- Open a web browser, navigate to the Amazon website, and click on Accounts & Lists in the upper-right corner.
- When the menu appears, click on Memberships & Subscriptions from the list.
- On this page, you’ll see the video, music, and other Amazon subscriptions that are currently active.
- Find the subscription you no longer want and click the Cancel Subscription button on the right.
- After canceling your subscription, a notification will come up that lets you know when the renewal date is. You can continue to view content on the channel until that date.
- Click the Cancel Channel link at the right.
- Next, you’ll be offered some options on how you want to cancel. For example, you can get a reminder three days before renewal, disable auto-renew and watch until the renewal date, or keep the subscription. You may occasionally see an option for a refund if you subscribed and cancel within a short period.
- Since we’re unsubscribing in our example, we’ll choose to turn off auto-renewal and watch until the next due date. If you want a reminder three days prior, that’s a great option.
- Once you cancel, Amazon will display a poll asking you why you’re canceling—you can always choose the Prefer not to answer button.
- Now that the subscription has ended, you can continue to watch until the renewal date. Amazon provides an option to Restart Channel if you want.
Once you’ve completed the steps, you’ll no longer be able to view the channel after the renewal date. However, it’s also worth noting that Amazon will send you an email confirming the cancellation.
Using Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime offers a lot of features, so before you cancel, it might be worth considering your next steps. For example, if you have a busy household, you can add and manage user profiles, including creating a account for children.