Today I’m going to show you How To clear browser cache, temp files, history, and cookies each time you close IE (Internet Explorer.) You can do this with most modern browsers including Firefox; however, in IE, it’s even easier. Here’s how you do it.
How-To Automatically Clear IE9 Temporary Files at Browser Close
Open Internet Explorer 7, Click Tools, Internet Options
Click Advanced Tab, Scroll Down and Check the box Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed
Click OK, and you’re DONE!
It’s also possible to remove all the Browser History Files, Cookies, Temp Files, etc. using one of the commands below:
Delete Temporary Internet Files:
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 2
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 1
Delete Form Data:
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 16
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 32
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255
Delete All (Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons)
- RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351
Now, you can either run these commands from a CMD line, or from the Start, Start Search Run Box in Vista OR, even better from a Batch File. The batch file is a nice touch because you can create it on your desktop and click on it at will, without having to remember the commands here from groovyPost. Now I understand everyone knows how to setup a Batch File to execute code, but if you need help, take a look at my next article on How-To Create a Batch File to Delete IE7 Browser History and Temp Files.