If you’re having fun discovering new music on Spotify, you might want to share it with your friends. If you want to add friends on Spotify, use this guide.
Need to get your fix of the latest music? You can use Spotify, which includes several features for finding new music, creating playlists, and sharing with friends. Once you create perfect playlists that include your favorite bands and artists, you might want to add friends on Spotify to share in the fun. Adding friends allows you to introduce new music to your friends and vice versa.
You can add friends on Spotify using the desktop or mobile app on your phone or tablet. Here’s a look at a few ways to do it.
How to Add Friends on Spotify
Using the desktop app, the obvious way to add friends is by using Facebook integration with Spotify.
To add Facebook friends on Spotify:
- Open the Spotify app on your PC or Mac.
- Click your account name at the top and choose Settings.
- Scroll down on the Settings screen to the Social section and click the Connect with Facebook button.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to log into your Facebook account.
- Once you log in, you can enable ways to share your listening activity with friends. Your friend’s activity will display in the right panel of the app.
How to Add Friends on Spotify to Share Playlists
You can add friends on Spotify by sharing a playlist with them. This is possible using either the Spotify desktop app or the mobile apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices.
To add friends to share playlists using the Spotify desktop app:
- If you haven’t already, install the Spotify desktop app.
- Launch the Spotify app and select the playlist you want to share.
- Click the three-dot menu button.
- Select Share from the menu, and choose a social media sharing option.
- Alternatively, select Copy Playlist Link to copy it to the clipboard and share it with others.
To add friends to share playlists using the Spotify app on iPhone or iPad:
- Install the Spotify app for Android, iPhone, or iPad users on your device (if you haven’t already).
- Launch Spotify and find the playlist you want to share with friends.
- Tap the three-dot icon near the Play button.
- Tap the Share option on the following screen.
- Choose the social media site you want to share it on.
- Alternatively, tap the More button at the bottom for additional sharing options.
How to Create Collaborative Playlists on Spotify
Another fun way to share Spotify with your friends is by creating a collaborative playlist. This option allows you to share a Spotify playlist and collaborate on it with other friends or family.
To create a collaborative playlist:
- Right-click an existing playlist (or create a new one) and select Collaborative playlist from the menu.
- An icon will appear next to the playlist, indicating it’s now collaborative. To share it, click the three-dot menu and choose Share > Copy link to playlist, and share the link with friends you want to collaborate with on the playlist.
- On your phone or tablet, tap the person icon next to the three-dot menu.
- Tap the Make Collaborative button on the screen that appears.
- A message will display at the bottom of the device, letting you know the playlist is collaborative. You can also share the link to it immediately with friends.
Adding friends on Spotify is a great way to discover and share music. Using the features above makes the process easier.
You can do many other things in Spotify, such as making it louder and sound better. For example, if you have created the perfect playlist, you may want to copy a playlist on Spotify for backup. It’s also important to note that you can transfer playlists to a new account.