YANKAI’S TRIANGLE is Apple’s Free iTunes App of the Week
YANKAI’S TRIANGLE is a simplistic puzzle game that’s normally $3. You can download it for free until Thursday, July 27.
This week’s free app is the puzzle game YANKAI’S TRIANGLE. Normally it’s $3, but you can get it free from iTunes until Thursday, July 27th.
What Is It?
This app is your basic puzzle match game. Rotate the triangles until the two corners match. As the game progresses, there are more triangles and trickier combinations. The levels play quickly, and no instructions are needed.
Who Is It Good For?
This game’s great for everyone. Eventually, you solve the puzzle through trial and error; no penalty for guessing.
Compared to other iOS games, this one’s kinda boring There aren’t many visual or audio effects. The game is just moving triangles and a locking sound. That’s the reason I like it. One bonus feature is a setting for people with color blindness.
The lack of features in the game is another bonus because this is one of the rare games that play on older devices. It only requires iOS 8.0.
Don’t get it yet? Need more of a description? Here are a few words from the developer, Kenny Sun.
YANKAI’S TRIANGLE is a love letter to TRIANGLES. A puzzling puzzle game about the beauty and joy of infinitely tapping on TRIANGLES for some reason.
With an elegant innovative revolutionary TRIANGLE-first approach to interface, YANKAI’S TRIANGLE lets you tap on TRIANGLES to spin them and stuff. Colors play a part in gameplay too I think. Bring TRIANGLES to a forgotten TRIANGLE, and uncover a TRIANGLE hidden deep beneath the YANKAI.
• Pretty Fun Gameplay (it’s all right)
• No Filler – A Veritable Infinity of Meticulously Definitely Handcrafted TRIANGLES
• Over 1.74 x 10^26 Possible Levels (all definitely handcrafted)
• An Inscrutable Three-Pronged Scoring System
• A ‘Happy Sounds’ Option (woohoo!)
• A ‘Colorblind’ Option if You Are Colorblind (it’s not great tbh)
• A Cool Film Grain Effect (some people don’t like it but i think it’s cool)
• A Cool Tiled TRIANGLE Background Effect
• Also, there are Leaderboards
• And some Achievements
Should You Download It?
It’s only 58MB, so it shouldn’t take up much space on your iOS device. This one’s a keeper for me. The quick gameplay and fast load mean I have something to entertain me while waiting in line.