Duet Game is Apple iTunes Free App of the Week
This week, the Apple iTunes App Store is offering a FREE download of the Duet Game – available on the iOS platform for both iPhone and iPad.
This week, the Apple iTunes App Store is offering a FREE download of the Duet Game – available on the iOS platform for both iPhone and iPad. Duet is a hypnotic action arcade game with a mesmerizingly beautiful soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel. This award winning game was featured as one of Apple’s App Store “Best of 2013”. Duet has also received acclaim from AGDA for Best Design and Best Audio, PAX Indie Showcase and Intel Level Up Grand Prize Winner for Best Action and Best Sound.
Elegant and minimal, Duet players must navigate two orbiting spheres past an increasingly complex maze of falling obstacles. As the difficulty increases, the tension mounts, and a peculiar narrative unfolds…
Duet Game Features
- Over 50 challenging stages across 9 chapters full of elegant obstacles and features to keep you on the edge of your seat.
- An outstanding soundtrack by Tim Shiel, his debut to the video game world.
- Simple two touch control – left or right thumb to spin.
- Entrancing visuals fit the mood and audio of the game perfectly.
- Unlock an endless Survival mode for high score delight.
- Strange and wonderful narrative that will keep you guessing.
- Every mistake leaves a mark; you will paint the walls with your failures.
- Oh, and it’s free until 2/26/2015…
iPhone Screen Shots
Available as a separate purchases
- New Encore Chapters – Be mesmerized all over again with 30 new stages with new game features and a new story-line.
- Tim Shiel returns with new music tracks & the ethereal voice of Jojo Petrina is back with new narrative..
- The Original Soundtrack – Available from BandCamp timshiel.bandcamp.com.
More about the Developers – Kumobius
Kumobius is a 3 person Australian game studio created by brothers Tom and James Greenaway with the incredible Ivan Neeson. Founded in 2011, Kumobius is known for their great mobile games and smart game jam games. Bean’s Quest and Time Surfer are critically acclaimed mobile titles available on iOS and Android — both being selected for the PAX East Indie Showcase two years in a row. Their 2012 game jam game “Omelette Boris” won the local Melbourne Global Game Jam competition. Duet Game is Apple iTunes Free App of the Week
Press & Praise
“A clever premise.” — Joshua Rothman, The New Yorker
“Duet is a masterpiece of simplicity, feeling and flow.” — Ben Kuchera, Polygon
“…this game isn’t playing with stale material. Its steps are powerful.” — Nissa Campbell, Touch Arcade ★★★★½
“Highly recommended.” — Penny Arcade Report
“Duet does what the best video games do.” — Mark Serrels, Kotaku
“Duet is yet another stellar entry into the pantheon of challenging minimalist survival games on iOS.” — Carter Dotson, 148 Apps ★★★★½
“Shiel’s soundtrack… is as innovative as the game it scores” — Jake Cleland, The Vine
“Your eyes, ears, and thumbs were built to perform this Duet together.” — John Polson, Indie Games
“…the first game truly worthy of my gold 64GB iPhone 5s.” — Tim Rogers
“Challenge accepted: Duet Game scores with design, sound and fun.” — AppGefahren (German Review)
“But while the aesthetic of Duet is familiar, the gameplay is all new.” — Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
“…Duet’s plaintive and melancholic aesthetic imbues it with a sense of the profound.” — Shaun Prescott, CVG
“It looks positively mind bending, and also, a really good time.” — David Flodine, App Spy ★★★★
“The soundtrack is fantastic, providing upbeat and enjoyable audio to complement the terrific visuals.” — App Smile ★★★★½