TG 07 : Feeding the Fish

Click to Subscribe to TechGroove

Office 2013, SkyDrive, Google Nexus Sells out, Samsung Galaxy S III Sells 10 Million, get infinite cloud storage with Bitcasa, Sparrow bought by Google, Windows 8 and our groovy Tip of the Week.

This week TechGroove host Josh Windisch is joined by Editor in Chief Brian Burgess and Senior Editor Mike Rothman.

The TechGroove Show Notes

Groovy Tip of the Week:

Boot Directly Into Desktop with Start8

6 Responses to TG 07 : Feeding the Fish

1. Steve Krause July 26, 2012 at 12:00 am #

Great show guys! Wish I could have been on there with ya.

@ 58:17 on the show — I have to comment about Siri. I just love Siri and I dictate to her all the time to write texts and emails. It works so well I find that I almost never type anymore even when I’m in a public place like a bus or at work. I don’t think it’s a FAD or going away anytime soon (at least I hope not).

Geez… you would rather have a keyboard? Sticking Luddites!

I Heart Siri!

2. Steve Krause July 26, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Minutes 1:06:00 – Josh, buddy… You’re losing files in Dropbox? USER ERROR!!! 🙂

• Brian July 26, 2012 at 12:13 am #

He tries man…

3. S3curityPlu5 July 29, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Hey guys, Just wanted to add that Microsoft does not advertise their encryption of skydrive, so many security experts have presumed that most likely there is none. This is why there are 3rd party encryption tools such as this one I prefer duplicati, and use this which encrypts everything before I send it up to dropbox and skydrive. There are several of them, however, Cloudfogger, Duplicati, and Ciphercloud are the ones that immediately come to mind. It is a big mistake in my opinion that Microsoft does not offer encryption as part of their subscription services and I am sure this will change. I had to get involved in this discussion since i am a security nut.

4. Steve Krause July 29, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

5. Brian Burgess August 2, 2012 at 7:33 pm #

You know, I have been trying to do research on the type of encryption — if any or the type of security in place with SkyDrive is — other than a password for your account…and it’s like pulling teeth!
    I’ve contacted a few people at Microsoft, and they don’t return my inquiry or they point me to a link…and the link is only the SkyDrive page!
    SO frustrating. So, yeah… using a third party encryption tool is a great idea for any sensitive data you store in the Cloud….no matter what service you’re using.