Microsoft has been on a roll recently updating it’s included core apps for Windows 8 and Windows RT. Recent big updates have come to its core apps including Mail, News, and Maps. Now the Weather app has received a decent update and includes better weather forecasts, Ski Reports, new backgrounds, and more.
The Weather app is one app that I use regularly on my Surface RT, and even on my traditional tower desktop with mouse and keyboard. I’ve found it to be the best app I’ve used for weather on any of my devices. It has a beautiful interface and has accurate weather info – at least in my area. Now it’s been improved even more. Here’s a list of improvements from the app release notes:
Key updates to this release of the Weather app include:
• New immersive weather maps for temperature, radar, precipitation and satellite.
• New ski resort weather provides snow forecasts, ski trail maps, ski deals & news, web cams and 360 degree panoramas.
• Pin and save your favorite ski area and get up-to-date weather information on current snow and base depth.
• Improved Start screen tile.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
• Note: Some features and enhancements may not be available in all markets
If you don’t see an update for it in in the Windows Store on your system, check out our guide on how to manually check for Windows 8/RT app updates.
More Recent Windows 8/RT App Updates: