NVIDIA Releases GeForce 355.82 Drivers for Windows 10

nvidia logo

Windows 10 users have reported having issues with their graphics cards, namely the NVIDIA GeForce variety. It looks like NVIDIA is doing its best to stay on top of the situation though.

Last week the company released new GeForce drivers for Windows 10 users on the same day Microsoft rolled another set of Windows 10 updates.

According to NVIDIA, the GeForce 355.80 updated drivers addressed “Excessive virtual memory consumption for SLI configurations running Windows 10.”

New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Released Today

Today, NVIDIA says the release of GeForce 355.82 WHQL drivers will offer improved game play with the driver description reading:

The latest GeForce Game Ready driver, release 355.82 WHQL, ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Mad Max.

install GPU Drivers

Our own staff member, Stefan Kudev has experienced issues with his Windows 10 system with NVIDIA GeForce drivers, too. In his breaking up with Windows 10 article he says: “I constantly use my laptop kind of like a desktop. I have an external monitor plugged in whenever I’m at home. But Windows 10 doesn’t seem to like my multi-monitor habit, as it often flickers at random time…” And receives the message below.

display driver stopped responding

Well, the NVIDIA drivers are now up to version 355.82 and undoubtedly more updates are to come. If you are experiencing a similar issue, hopefully getting your GeForce drivers updated to the most recent version, rolled out today, you’ll see some better stability and performance.

You can get the latest updates for your version of Windows at the links below. Let us know how things go for you’re situation in the comments section.

Related Article:  How to Install LastPass On Windows 10 Anniversary Update

8 Responses to NVIDIA Releases GeForce 355.82 Drivers for Windows 10

1. W10 September 2, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

The problem has gotten worse on my machine, it happens while web surfing… it happened with the previous version, did a clean install of the most recent. but no change other than it happening more frequently

2. Farrokh September 2, 2015 at 11:38 pm #

I downloaded the new driver rolled out by NVidia and am glad to say everything is working very well. Thanks groovy post for keeping us updated.

3. Russ September 3, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

Just now tried to install, but it hung while installing ‘PhysX System Software’.

4. Twsw September 4, 2015 at 6:00 pm #

Having the same trouble with Windows 10 and my GeForce GTX 750 Ti. New driver seems to have little effect on the problem. I’m sure that Nvidia is trying hard, but the real problem is Microsoft.

5. Able September 16, 2015 at 12:41 pm #

I’m still experiencing this problem after the update. Always happens when waking the computer from sleep.

6. Filip September 18, 2015 at 12:59 pm #

I am having MAJOR issues right now. My driver all of the sudden started having issues. i was playing Battlefield 4 and all of the sudden this popped up

DirectX Function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET (The Device failed due to a badly formed command.”). Gpu: “NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960”, Driver: 35582

now i know it isn’t the BF4 game. because any other game i start. i doesn’t work. ANY GAME it doesn’t work. for example i started PlanetSide 2. it just didn’t work. I started World of Tanks It didn’t work. please NVIDIA help fix this issue

• Jord September 19, 2015 at 6:01 pm #

Exact Same things i get in BF4, I have a 750ti and windows 10 pro. All other games seem work fine however except for new vegas, but only tried it once.

7. Garrett September 29, 2015 at 6:25 am #

I have 3 monitors and windows ten works fine. and I have a gtx760. and I’m running all this on non uefi mobo with ddr2 ram and a phoneme 2 1100t 3.3 x6. so I’m wicked out of date, all I did was uninstall the NVidia experience as well as turning off hdd sleep mode in power setting and everything worked fine.