Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.63 Rolling Out Now for Insiders (Updated)

mobile insidersMicrosoft today has started to roll out Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.63 to Insiders (Fast Ring). This is a Cumulative Update without any major feature updates but does contain bug fixes and performance improvements.

There was a bit of confusion about the update at first. According to Gabe Aul, the update was partially staged and some users detected it. Gabe said, “We paused the updated to investigate, and ensure that everything was 100% ready”.

Then Gabe posted the following this afternoon on Twitter:

This is the first update for Windows 10 Mobile for 2016 since Build 10586.36 that was released back in December.

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.63

To get on top of things and grab the update now on your Windows Phone head to Settings > Update & Security > Phone Update to start downloading it. You’ll need to restart your phone for the update to complete.

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586-63

As is usually the case for these mobile updates, for me anyway, they take quite a while to download and install. In fact, at the time of this writing, my Lumia 635, which I’m testing Windows 10 Mobile, is sitting at 0%, but it should complete at some point today.

Gabe even mentioned on Twitter that you’ll just need to be patient if you don’t see it right away. The update will roll out gradually and when you get it depends on your region and the model of your phone.

You can see the full conversation thread here.

After you’ve been able to install it on your device, leave a comment below and let us know how things are working out.

Update: 1/8/2016: A Microsoft employee that goes by jenmsft on Reddit posted a few of the items in the changelog for today’s update:

• Typing on Polish keyboard in Outlook Mail
  • Turn by turn directions over Bluetooth in car
  • Battery usage with Iris Reco
  • Reliability of quick actions settings page
  • MS Band use with Cortana

, , ,

12 Responses to Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.63 Rolling Out Now for Insiders (Updated)

1. Groover1971 January 8, 2016 at 2:34 pm #

Downloading now on my Lumia 950 (AT&T).

• Brian Burgess January 8, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

It’s coming for the latest flagship phone users, too. That’s interesting.

2. Adif Hermawan January 8, 2016 at 3:46 pm #

what new in this build?

• Brian Burgess January 8, 2016 at 4:24 pm #

Basically just bug fixes. No new features.

Gabe Aul said:

“we’re doing very targeted changes to fix specific issues at this point with Mobile.”

Microsoft hasn’t posted a change log

• Brian Burgess January 8, 2016 at 8:07 pm #

A Microsoft employee gave us a glimpse into some of the notable changes in today’s build. They include the following:

Typing on Polish keyboard in Outlook Mail
        Turn by turn directions over Bluetooth in car
        Battery usage with Iris Reco
        Reliability of quick actions settings page
        MS Band use with Cortana

I updated the article with this new info as well as the link to the Reddit page.

• Murugan January 22, 2016 at 3:23 am #

they added a equaliser which was missing.
          battery drain jus reduced a bit

3. Brian Burgess January 8, 2016 at 4:17 pm #

About an hour after posting this article the update finished on my Lumia 635.

4. Warren Stanley January 8, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

I updated my Lumia 640 and it seems be a lot better, much smoother and quicker.

5. Nikhil Sharma January 9, 2016 at 2:54 am #

Updated mine 1520 … Looks better…

6. Jaime Vázquez Ramos January 9, 2016 at 7:32 am #

I receive my update. For my Lumia 1320. Last night about 10 pm everything went OK I am all the way in Dominican Republic. The update is much more stable I see some small improvement with my battery life. So far, so good.

7. Anthony Ramos January 9, 2016 at 2:24 pm #

Downloading now on my Lumia 928 (Verizon). Hope it fixes some of the minor issues I’ve been having. Edge always opens the previous page I had open. I always have to look for the page I want in the tabs.

8. Bojan January 12, 2016 at 10:36 pm #

Got it on my Lumia 535. Weather and One note apps not working (keep opening windows store and sais it is installed, when you click open same thing happens). Groove music and Movies and Tv apps are crushing as soon as they start. Im also not satisfied with minion rush game performance and angry birds go… Everything else is working ok.