Watch David Blaine Electrified Live on YouTube

For his latest stunt, David Blaine is being electrified continuously for three days and three nights by seven metallic Tesla coils. He was plugged in yesterday evening and you can watch the event live on YouTube from three different camera angles.

He’s wearing a 27 pound stainless steel Faraday suit while the electric current is flowing through it. He won’t be able to eat, but will have a tube to drink water from. And if you’re wondering, he does have a catheter so he can urinate safely.

You can watch David be electrified by millions of volts of electric current live on YouTube. Check out Electrified: One Million Volts Always On to keep track of how he’s doing over the next few days. The event is sponsored by Intel.

Electrified Live YouTube

Here’s part one of the behind the scenes look at the Electrified event. Amazing.

7 Responses to Watch David Blaine Electrified Live on YouTube

1. Austin Krause October 6, 2012 at 11:36 am #

Sounds like he enjoys torture… Then again, I wonder how much he is getting paid for this gig.

• Steve Krause October 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

Blaine is a freak… The scary part however is most of his stuff is actually real.

This however…. Yeah I don’t think so.

• Brian Burgess October 6, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

Of course it’s real. He obviously doesn’t have electric current running through his body, but it’s continuously all around him. He really is awake in the chamber for three 72 hours straight. Plus, he always does some crazy deal at the end of his events to make a bang. I haven’t heard what it will be at the end of this one though.

I am curious what effect having that much electrical current surrounding your body will have too.

For the skeptics, here’s a really good story from NBC where they talk to physicists about the stunt: No matter how you look at it, it’s one crazy and interesting event nonetheless.

• Austin Krause October 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

Standing for 72 hours is tough.
          Standing for 72 hours on a pedestal, wearing a 27 lb suit, without food, wearing a catheter, drinking from a tube… That’s insanity to volunteer for, regardless of the electric currents hitting the Faraday suit he is wearing.

I wonder if there is any nutrient mix in the water he is drinking to keep his electrolytes and blood sugar up.

• Brian Burgess October 7, 2012 at 12:09 am #

Fasting is nothing new for Blaine. He as done crazy long term events in the past. My favorite is Vertigo. He stood on a 10 story pillar in NYC for two days. Just standing up there with no net. His standing area was about 22″ and he had wind and cold to deal with. I listed to a TED talk he gave and he said he started hallucinating up there because of sleep deprivation and he thought the buildings behind him were monsters..haha. Then at the end, he jumped off onto a bunch of cardboard boxes. That is a must see for sure. I think he did it in 2002?

2. Ron White October 7, 2012 at 11:22 am #

The trick here is that while the voltage is high, the amperage is low enough that Blaine isn’t fried. Dammit. Would make a much better show.

So where’s Part 2?

3. Brian Burgess October 8, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Well, he did it! They took him out tonight at 9PM EST. He was walking slow and made an announcement to the crowd saying that this is his last endurance stunt that he will ever do. I was disappointed to hear that, but all good things must come to an end I guess, and he has a two year old daughter, so that’s part of the reason I’m sure.
    They put him in an ambulance and will run every test imaginable. I am looking forward to the results actually.
    Yes, he was never in any danger of being electrocuted of course, but, being surrounded by that much electricity for three days straight…will be interesting to see what it does to a person.

Plus, I mean, the dude stood there for three days straight with no food…only water. He had on a 30lb stainless steel body suit…no sleep…a very groovy stunt no matter how you look at it.