Together with the release of Service Pack 1 Beta for Windows Server 2008, Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 Beta for Windows 7. Although Microsoft is saying the download is not for “home user” being that all the new features are for “Corporate Customers”. That being said, I think based on the quality of Microsoft’s other recent BETA products, this one is probably worth a download.
I’ll be grabbing a copy and letting you know my first thoughts either way. If any of your groovyReaders download a copy and play around, be sure to post your feedback here so we can get a thread going on the discussion in the forum.
Here’s a few things Microsoft is saying they included in the new SP1
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
To get a copy you will need to login to the Technet site as an IT professional and have an RTM copy of Windows 7. Have fun!