TV Tuner cards are a thing of the past. All you need to watch high quality television programming is Windows 7 and a fast internet connection. Many people have already started watching online using web-based services, but Windows Media Center offers high quality episodes with a hefty set of features. No more long commercials, no more unwanted re-runs, just the entertainment you choose right at your fingertips.
Note: Internet TV on Windows Media Center is only available in some countries. U.S.A. residents should have no issues however.
How To Watch Your Favorite TV Shows Online Using Windows Media Center In Windows 7
1. Click the Windows Start Menu Orb, then Type in windows media center and Press Enter.
2. Click the TV > internet tv button within Windows Media Center.
3. Click the check box and then Click Install.
4. The Internet TV download is about 5MB and should take less than a minute on a high-speed connection, a small amount of patience is needed here.
5. Welcome to Internet TV! From here there are a wide variety of shows. Latest episodes and top-rated series will appear at the top of the window.
6. Notice the numbered listings to help keep track of how many shows you’ve looked through. They cycle so it can get confusing.
7. Dexter from the Golden Globe Winners Past & Present is not affiliated with grooveDexter. Find a show you like and Click Watch Now.
8. Depending which show you chose, the navigation will vary. The show CSI Miami is part of CBS and therefore any top navigation link will show you only CBS shows. This area will also display different options for Full Episodes or just Clips. If you want to watch the full series, sorry but there are only 3 episodes here. Then again, free television isn’t a bad price to pay.
9. If it’s your first time watching Internet TV on Windows Media Center then you’ll need to perform an update. Similar to before, just Check the checkbox and Click Update.
10. After the first minute or so of the show you’ll see your first commercial! Don’t worry these commercials are short. <phew> A timer at the top right of your screen will display how many seconds are remaining in your commercial, these are usually less than 30 seconds.
11. If you Click Pause or Hover over your video you will see the timeline. You can skip to whatever part of your show you like, instantly. Puts TiVo to shame… The small white vertical bars designate a commercial point on the timeline.
12. If you know the exact show you are looking for you can use the Search feature and it should list all related videos to your show. Take care as the list will typically display MANY videos unless you designate specific search parameters on the left side of the search screen.
Have you had a groovy experience using Windows Media Center? We’d love to hear your feedback and stories below. Alternatively feel free to join the open discussion in the groovyPost community forum!