Microsoft is leaving students no excuse for learning how to use their products. Free Learning clinics are available for any user type, whether advanced or just beginning.
The clinics are online-based courses and lessons (CBT) which simulate being taught by a pro. For people like me, they are a great alterative to opening up a book and reading about the software as the interactive courses keep you interested (to a point) while you learn.
The interface for the clinics are simple to use and easy to understand while also granting a good amount of versatility. You can select which course you want to take right on the spot, or add it to your basket and take them at a later time. In order to properly use the courses you will be required to download a browser add-on, and restart your computer.
Here are some of the Free clinics that really stood out to me, but are a ton more that are readily available.
Become A Windows Expert
- Clinic 10088: What’s New in Windows 7 for Information Workers
- Clinic 10077: What’s New in Windows 7 for IT Professionals
- Clinic 6336: Exploring Terminal Services in Windows Server 2008
- Clinic 5937: Introducing Branch Office Management in Windows Server 2008
- Clinic 5939: Introducing Server Management in Windows Server 2008
Learn To Use SQL in Server 2008
- Collection 6187: What’s New in Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Clinic 10258: SQL Server 2008: Upgrade and Application Compatibility
- Clinic 6258: New Features Of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
- Clinic 6189: What’s New in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 for Business Intelligence
Discover Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Clinic 6900: Introduction to Exchange Server 2010
- Clinic 6901: Exchange Server 2010 in an Enterprise
- Collection 6899: Exploring Features of Exchange Server 2010
Become A Microsoft Security Expert
- Clinic 2801: Microsoft Security Guidance Training I
- Clinic 2802: Microsoft Security Guidance Training II
- Clinic 5936: Introducing Security and Policy Management in Windows Server 2008
- Clinic 6080: Deploying Microsoft Forefront Server Security Products
- Clinic 6079: Managing and Troubleshooting Operations in Microsoft Forefront Client Security
Learn How To Use Microsoft Sharepoint
- Clinic 5046: Inside Look at Building and Developing Solutions with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Clinic 5045: Inside Look at Developing with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
To view ALL of the educational courses visit the Microsoft Learning Center. Not all of them of free, but the majority of them are very groovy.
Have a class that you enjoyed in particular? Hate the CBT? Would love to hear from you!