How to Install Adobe Flash Player on the Kindle Fire HD

Adobe Flash and Android had a great thing going until mid last year when Google decided that it wasn’t worth the effort to support. You can still install Flash on most Android devices, including Amazon’s heavily skinned version of it on the Kindle Fire HD. Here’s how to get it up and running, and what it takes to use it on your Amazon tablet.

Editor Note: This article was written using the last years iteration of the Kindle Fire HD. Certain steps might vary slightly if you have the latest model.

kindle fire hd flash video

Prerequisites

• Opera Mobile or Dolphin Browser installed  (available in Google’s Play market) or via the standalone apk files found at the bottom of this page.  Unfortunately, Amazon has blocked both browsers from appearing in its app store when using the Kindle Fire -likely because it does not want undue competition for the built-in Silk browser (which doesn’t support flash). Dolphin seems to offer better compatibility with Flash.
  • ES File Explorer

To get started download the 11.1.115.16-4.0 version of the Adobe Flash Player apk to your Kindle Fire HD. You can do this by visiting the above link with your Kindle’s web browser, or by downloading it first on your computer and transferring it to the Download folder of your Kindle’s internal sdcard.

Once downloaded, use ES File Explorer to open the .apk package and install the flash player application.

download sdcardflash apk install screenshot

Next, all you need to do is open up your web browser of choice (I recommend Dolphin) and browse the web as you normally would, except this time all of the flash elements on pages visited should work.

If you haven’t installed the Google Play store on your device, you can grab either browser by installing the follow .apk packages. The only caveat is that if you don’t have the Google Play store you will not be able to update them automatically.

Download

opera mobile web browserdolphin browser

, , ,

34 Responses to How to Install Adobe Flash Player on the Kindle Fire HD

1. Len Edgerly February 15, 2013 at 8:04 am #

The link to the Flash apk takes me to your home page. How do I get the aol? Thanks!

2. dajlin March 17, 2013 at 7:54 pm #

YOU ROCK!!! Thank you, Thank you Thank you….!!! That was the first explanation that was both

clear, concise and most of all IT WORKED!!!! How can I thank you??? I will follow you like true

disciple, (in a non-creepy/non-stalking way that is!!) LOL >>blessings and much continued

success!! Dajlin (aka Linda..:-) )

3. matt May 11, 2013 at 7:36 am #

Want to install Adobe flash on kindle fire hd but I like Bing as my browser,so do I have change it to the ones you suggested. Just trying to view you tube , some clips I can and some tell me to install new Adobe flash player. Thanks, mattyg

4. Middy July 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

poop,hope this works will give it a try. :1

5. spryte July 20, 2013 at 9:11 am #

Trying to download and install but links for the apk and browsers say “Not ready Yet”

When will they be up??

• Steve Krause July 31, 2013 at 12:36 am #

Not sure what is up with the links, will ping Austin and get that resolved.

• Sharon Brownlie February 26, 2014 at 1:26 am #

Thanks sorted now!

• Sharon Brownlie March 5, 2014 at 2:31 am #

Great tips on downloading the adobe any tips on installing itunes? If possible.

Thanks in advance

• Austin Krause August 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

Links are fixed!

6. sasha August 2, 2013 at 8:14 pm #

So does this work in silk?

7. dom August 4, 2013 at 10:40 am #

It is saying content is not available :(

8. Warren B August 4, 2013 at 6:27 pm #

Is dolphin really the best option for viewing flash videos on kindle fire? ‘Cos it’s almost as bad as silk. I can barely get videos to load, let alone play.

9. gen August 9, 2013 at 2:28 pm #

IT WORKS!!! This is the first time since I bought my stupid kindle that I haven’t wanted to throw it against a wall. Thank you!!!

10. frank August 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

Your advise is excellent…the biggest problem I had with my kindle was the fact I could not stream anything adobe. You just restored my love for a good device with a fatal flaw. Was close to giving up and buying a different tablet.

11. Bill Meiser August 13, 2013 at 5:44 pm #

Wonderful! It worked seamlessly. Thanks sooooo much. After you get through the “buy me stuff”(dont buy anything) you don’t need it!

12. Chris August 23, 2013 at 6:49 am #

Hello,

I followed all the steps, however when I try and extract the files it says it cannot open nested zip-like files. I bave done everything I can. What do I do, where do I go from here. Everytime I use the browser, it says it cannot open, Adobe Flash not installed, etc.

13. Nunya Bizzness October 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm #

Even though you gave excellent and easy-to-follow instructions, I still can’t get this to work on my Kindle fire HD. After downloading, I went to open it (after many tries) and I get the message “cannot open file” each and every time! I must not be doing something right. I’m so frustrated! I’m tempted to go find the nearest cliff and toss this Kindle Fire HD over the edge. :(

• freedom October 13, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Me too Nunya. I did all that now when I go to ustream with dolphin browser it wants me to install google chrome. I have kindle hd 8.9 w 32g.

14. Spryte October 28, 2013 at 8:47 am #

Just to let you know it is working fine here w/dolphin browser.
    Opera would not install…

Many Thanks for your article and tips.

15. marycae October 28, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

Well..finally after 6 months, I can play Candy crush…but I still cannot watch my fav “Bones” ::’(

16. sam November 7, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Yes !!! THANK YOU. WORKS JUST FINE

17. Karen November 24, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Where do you guys get the Dolphin bride that downloads to Kindle Fire HD? I went to Google pay, selected Dolphin browser and it said compatible with all my devices, but it only listed my phone as available device to download to. Thanks

18. Karen November 24, 2013 at 9:08 am #

°Dolphin player

19. Karen November 24, 2013 at 7:41 pm #

I read the instructions again and have downloaded the Dolphin Browser and a p k file. I was able to watch a Flash player video. Way cool! L I have a slight problem though now. Before I did it correctly, I downloaded that .apk file while on my Silk browser, plus the initial time I was on the Flash player site and tried to download from there. I.m wondering if these extra and unnecessary downloads, as well as the correct one I just executed have made my web pages load kind of glitch y? Anything I can do to regain smooth loading on webpages? Thanks so much?

20. Richard Husting December 26, 2013 at 6:41 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you. I was so sick of trying to watch videos and not being able to do it on my Kindle. Even wrote to Amazon when I got mine and was told you can’t do it. Followed your directions and now I’m a happy camper. Thank you!

21. Jodi January 11, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

Thank you thank you thank you!

22. Chelle January 11, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

Maybe I’m just not paying attention, but when I go to the Google play store is says I can not download anything to a Kindle, so how am I supposed to get the Dolphin browser?

23. Hilary January 29, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

So I love that you have posted this and I am now able to do most everything on the kindle now. However, I have a question. I am trying to set up something for my son for school work and it says I need Adobe 11.7.0 or later is there a way to update the adobe from the above link to the 11.7.0?? Thanks!!

24. Lyladagger February 20, 2014 at 3:16 am #

I tried this and downloaded Dolphin as asked. But so far none of the flash based things work. They won’t even load.

25. Sharon Brownlie February 25, 2014 at 2:35 am #

Hi

I amusing kindle fire hd. Tried the link for adobe apk but it takes me to a page which half loads and says hotfile.

Tried to downlond from pc to kindle and it won’t let me open.

I have follwed your clear instructions but it seems to block adobe.

• Steve Krause February 25, 2014 at 9:29 am #

Which file isn’t downloading? I just tried all three and it’s working on my side.

26. Jessic@ March 4, 2014 at 8:40 am #

I have kindle fire hd. I had es file explorer and I downloaded a dolphin browser apk. Then I clicked from there to sideload flash. It keeps taking me to a site that wont load ‘https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/’ an unloaded page title settings manager. And adobe, as many times as click it doesnt seem to be installing.

27. ice angel March 15, 2014 at 3:25 pm #

Do you know how I can play the Facebook games on kindle fire hd