How to get it
To try it out, you’ll need to visit erkie.github.com and then drag the bookmarklet to your bookmark bar. But, your bookmark bar might not be enabled, so first you’ll have to do that:
- To enable the bookmark bar in Chrome, Press Ctrl+Shift+B on your keyboard.
- In Internet Explorer 9, just Right-Click the top of the browser and Select Favorites Bar.
- For Firefox 4, just Click the bookmark button and then Select View Bookmarks Toolbar.
Literally, all you have to do is click and drag the box to your bookmarks bar and it will automatically be added.
The default name for the bookmarklet is “kick ass” so I like to change mine. To do this just edit the bookmark and rename it to something groovy, like “Internet Spaceship.”
Now all you have to do is go to your website of choice and Press the bookmark. Presto! Instant asteroids, and your target is the web page itself!
- If you press the bookmarklet multiple times it will create multiple spaceships.
- This is a great tool for removing advertisements from pages that you keep open for an extended period of time. I use it as a fun way to remove ads from video streaming sites.
- Press ESC to go back to normal web browsing.
- Hold B to highlight targets.
Have fun blowing up the internet, and enjoy your groovy weekend!