Google Voice Makes Conference Calls Easy and Free [How-To]

Groovy Google Voice Tips, Tricks, News, Articles, How-To, Tutorials, Questions, Comments, Suggestions, and AnswersWhen you need to talk to multiple people at once, Google Voice has a feature for that.  Using Google voice you can simultaneously talk on the phone in conference with a total of 4 people (you plus 3 others).  The best part?  It’s free and included with your normal Google Voice account.

How To Make A Google Voice Conference Call

Step 1

At a specified time, ask each conference call participant to call your Google Voice Number

Step 2

As each participant calls in, simple answer the calls and Press 5 to add them to the conference.

Step 3

That’s it!  Don’t forget your have a 4 caller max (including you).

Note: If you need to organize a larger conference call,  I highly recommend you give join.me a try.  It’s fast, simple and can host 250 people at the same time.  The bridge number is not toll free so I recommend using join.me with Google Voice or GMail.  For smaller conf. call needs however, Google Voice just works!

Have you ever used Google Voice to setup a conference call?  Do you have a groovy Google Voice tip?  Would love to hear from you in the comments!

10 Responses to Google Voice Makes Conference Calls Easy and Free [How-To]

1. Vadim February 21, 2010 at 7:56 am #

Honestly I had no idea you could bridge ppl up on google voice. Very coooool!

• MrGroove February 21, 2010 at 8:20 am #

It’s actually been a feature since the start of Google-Voice. Very Groovy for sure.

2. 1UpMushroom February 21, 2010 at 10:39 am #

didn’t know about this either, only 4 people.. but still pretty cool since its free and google voice, now they just need to make it so you can invite people to the conference call from within.

• MrGroove February 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

@1upMushroom – As mentioned in the article, if you need more than just 4 ppl in a conference call, try drop.io. I’m pretty sure the free version allows up to 10 ppl per conf. call.

3. Sam February 24, 2010 at 10:57 am #

There are so many cool features. I heard You can have up to ten numbers added so that when someone calls you GV number it rings on all those phones… It’s amazing for the iPhone now. I Checked it out on my roomates. I have an iPhone so am trying to find an invite hidden under a rock on a blog/ post site. I know it prob gets a tad annoying mr groove !!! I’ve seen all your posts on the subject !!! [email protected]

4. Deepak October 13, 2010 at 8:24 am #

Is there any way that I can initiate Conf and do all the calls i.e. I will call party-1 then keep them on hold and will call Patry-2 and once connected add both in a conference.
    Is this possible with Google Voice??

5. steven April 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm #

really, i just tried to get three people in on my google voice and it dint work, unless your not telling use how to do it step by step, i dint hear no phone ring nor a screen pop up for a difrent caller

6. James February 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

So I’m trying to use this since I have a Virgin Mobile phone and cannot seem to conference call(lame). So I have this straight, I need to contact the people I want to conference with, tell them to call my google voice number at a certain time, then somehow beep them in with pressing number 5 ?

I assume I am using my cell phone but they are calling that different number ?

I assume I have to have google voice up and active at that time or it’s probably not going to work?

Is this just too much work and is there any other way to get conference calling on my phone so that I can call people when I want and just conference them in myself ?

7. A good April 21, 2012 at 2:48 am #

I’ve honestly come to like this website. At first, I decided it was not the ideal, however it has definitely grown on me. Terrific job luring me in hah.