Ok… I know this isn’t a typical How-To article however I just couldn’t resist. Turns out Microsoft wants to BING you phone. This morning Microsoft released 3 three Bing-branded ringtones for your mobile phone. They are calling them BingTones.
You can find the links here:
- Three Bing-branded ringtones for your mobile device (BineTones.zip)
- Three BingTones for your phone (BingTones-Internal.zip)
Both are surprisingly the same 3 Ring Tones / BingTones so my guess is the release manager made a mistake and released both onto Microsoft Download.
Eitherway, after you download them here’s how you would install them on your Mobile Phone
Taken from Included .PDF File
BingTone Installation Instructions
The BingTones are in MP3 format, so they should be usable on most phones.
Instructions for installing the BingTones on your Windows Mobile phone are below. For other phones, please consult your user manual. For some phone models, including the iPhone, there are free or nearly free software programs available on the Internet that enable you to install custom ringtones.
Click here to search on bing.com. Instructions for Windows Mobile 6.x phones: How to move the BingTone to your phone
1. Once the BingTone is on your PC, connect your phone to your computer. Once connected, Windows Mobile Device Center will open automatically on your computer.
2. Click File Management > Browse the Contents of Your Phone
3. Choose the hard drive on your phone
4. Find the BingTone you downloaded to your computer and drag it into the My Ringtones folder on your phone. The BingTone is now on your phone.
Assigning your new ring tone
1. On your phone, press Start
2. Click Settings
3. Click Sounds
4. On the Ringtone dropdown menu, choose the BingTone you’d like to use. To hear a BingTone, simply wait a few seconds after making each selection.
5. When you’ve found the BingTone you want, press Done.
Congratulations! You’ve just installed a new ringtone on your phone!
Yup… Your phone has just been BING’d…