A few days ago something very odd started to happen on all my WordPress sites. The site itself was lightning fast (as normal) however all the admin pages were taking over 30 seconds to display as shown below:
The first thing I did was take a look at the SQL side and discovered the WordPress’s queries were just sitting there sleeping for 30 seconds:
Having made no configuration changes, I figured it had to be a Plugin gone wrong, so one at a time I began to Deactivate my WordPress Plugins. Lucky for me, I hit it on the first try. It turns out the @Feed version 3.81 was the culprit.
I quickly grabbed the latest copy of @feed (4.0 at the time), and life is good. Things are back to normal!