Download Any YouTube Video the Easy Way

When you come across a funny cat video that you “must have” on YouTube, there are several different services or extensions you can use. Today I’ll show you the easiest way I’ve found for Firefox or Google Chrome.

Download and install Easy YouTube Video Downloader for either Firefox or Google Chrome or both if you use them. (Download Links Below)

Firefox Download

Chrome Easy YouTube

After installing the Easy YouTube Video Downloader extension, start browsing YouTube. I’m not really into cat videos – but retro gaming videos are cool. On Firefox, you’ll find a download button below each video.
firefox download YourTube

Click the button and select the file type you want. It offers several format choices like MP4, AAC, Flash or MP3 for audio only – which is cool if you’re watching a bootleg concert and just want the audio.

Firefox choose file Type

On Google Chrome, while watching the YouTube video, click the arrow icon on the toolbar and select the file type you want to download.

Chrome Download

It’s that easy! The Firefox version is my favorite because it puts the download button under every video. But the Chrome version works easy too.

14 Responses to Download Any YouTube Video the Easy Way

1. Chris April 23, 2012 at 11:57 am #

Are there few more like these, which one is the Best 😉

2. John April 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Didn’t work for me on Firefox 11/Win7 platform. Too bad. It looks interesting

3. Brian Burgess April 23, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

@ Chris: Yes there are hundreds of ways out there to download YouTube videos. I just found this method the easiest.

Our Austin Krause wrote up another utility called Dripy that you might want to try.

@John: It should work fine. I am running it on my Firefoxx 11 Windows 7 64-bit system. Perhaps there is another FF extension that is conflicting with it?

Before I started using this method. I used another extension called Download Helper. It also has a lot of options. If you’re using IE there are several out there for it as well.

4. G April 25, 2012 at 8:10 am #

If you don’t want to install anything, there are sites like keepvid.com where you can paste the URL of the video to download it in the desired format.

5. Ryan May 8, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Cool article and is there a utility for Internet Explorer that can download Youtube videos the easy way?

6. Paul Hogan May 8, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Internet Download Manager works well for any download from anywhere.

• Ryan May 8, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

Thanks for the reply so how do i download a Youtube video using the Internet Download Manager after logging into Youtube?

• Paul Hogan May 9, 2012 at 7:39 am #

If you open a video on YouTube, IDM automatically shows up just above the video. All you have to do is to select the quality of the video you would like to download. In fact IDM will pop up for you to download a video from any sit that has videos. You can set IDM to work in just the way you want it to. I am not an expert in any of this, and this is why I like it, it is so simple to use.

• Ryan May 9, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Thanks for the reply now i understand how to download a YT video if you are using Internet Explorer.
          THanks!!

7. Gilberto Medina May 11, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Thank you Brian, I installed and enabled the extension in Chrome but the the arrow icon on the toolbar is not showing up. What am I doing wrong?….Thanks, Gilberto Medina

• Don Ebberts June 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

I am having the same problem as Gilberto Medina. I installed it and it is showing as enabled in my extension list but it does not show on the toolbar.

8. froma May 12, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

i am unable to download flash movies clips from freeones.frankly.

9. search yt May 27, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically articles I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual post amazing. Excellent activity!

10. TUbemate for PC June 16, 2016 at 9:18 pm #

Yes this is a great extension but only for PC users as there is no option to add any extension in Mobile browser or the add on can help for that but they show lots of ads

so i have a better solution if you need to download your youtube videos on Android devices, simply download tubemate on your android