Set Your Windows 10 Lock Screen to Bing Daily Images

Like what you see? So do we! Although Bing isn’t the most successful search engine (yet), it’s hard to deny that its curators always pick the most stunning images to feature for the Bing front page. Now you can enjoy them too, even if you don’t fancy using Bing as your search engine of choice. Let’s see how you can use Bing’s daily images as your lock screen and have them automatically update each day.

Step 1 – Downloading Amazing Lock Screen

The nice folks over at SADev have developed an app for Windows that does all that we mentioned above with just a few clicks. To download it, either click this link or follow along.

Go to Start and launch the Windows Store.

1 Opening Windows 10 Store

Now look for Amazing Lock Screen.

2 Searching for Amazing Lockscreen

Once you find the app, click on the install button to get it.

3 Clicking Install

Step 2 – Setting Bing as your Lock Screen

Once the app has been downloaded, select Open to jump right in.

4 Opening the app

You will be asked if you want to set Bing’s latest featured image as your lock screen right from the start — click Yes.

5 Setting Bing as a Lockscreen

Additionally, if you want to make sure you get new Bing images daily, head on over to the app settings Top Left Menu > Settings > Settings to enable automatic downloads. You will also be able to change your region and make tweaks to the update frequency.

6 Automatic Download Settings

This also works on Windows 8.1 and Windows RT. It used to be called Bing My Lock Screen, and as well as a name change, has new features. You can read more about that in our article: Make Bing Images Your Windows 8.1 Lock Screen.

Related Article:  Ultimate Home Networking and WiFi Speed Guide: 22 Awesome Tips

Whether you use the Bing as your search engine or not, what is your take on Bing daily images? If you like them, check out this app and tell us what you think in the comments below.

, ,

13 Responses to Set Your Windows 10 Lock Screen to Bing Daily Images

1. Sheri August 17, 2015 at 10:09 am #

I love the Bing daily photos but would like to have them appear daily on my desktop in Windows 10. Is that possible? If so, how do I set that up?

• Stefan August 19, 2015 at 2:28 pm #

Hey Sheri – Bing Daily Images as Desktop Wallpapers was available as an RSS theme for Windows 7 a while ago, but Microsoft has since discontinued the themes completely:

Quite sad, really. There is probably a more complicated workaround that would allow you do this, but it would probably require third-party software and may not be compatible with Windows 10 yet.

• Sheri August 19, 2015 at 4:05 pm #

Thanks for the info, Stefan. Maybe they will bring that theme back. I can hope!

• krzystoff March 2, 2016 at 3:06 am #

You can at least set the app to save images to your pictures folder, then go to Start>Settings>Personalization>Background – set to Slideshow and Browse for the Pictures>AmazingLockScreen folder

2. Scott Chamlee August 23, 2015 at 11:07 am #

How about Bing Desktop? I used it on 8 and 8.1, and it works perfectly on 10. The image changes daily, and if you don’t like it, pick another shot. The pics are usually first rate. It’s the same thing.

3. Sheri August 24, 2015 at 11:39 am #

Thanks, Scott. That worked!

• Scott Chamlee August 24, 2015 at 12:30 pm #

No problem Sheri! I love the daily images, and the ability to pick and choose.

4. Jon September 16, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

Why this is not an option in Windows 10 to begin with, like windows 10 mobile, is beyond me.

5. Joan Chipser October 30, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

I love the daily Bing pictures at the sign in screen when I wake up my computer. However, there is nothing to tell me where the picture was taken and who the photographer was. How do I easily find out this information. I wish microsoft would put the information with the picture. It would be nice to know. The pictures are really stunningly beautiful.

6. Milan March 22, 2016 at 12:07 am #

I love daily images too!:) by the way are they licenced images or they have free licence?

• Sheri Stritof March 22, 2016 at 10:25 am #

Milan, I’m pretty sure they are licensed images.

7. Jörg April 6, 2016 at 2:18 am #

The App DailyPic allows you to set the Bing images as Desktop and/or Lock wallpaper.