How to Add National Holidays to the Outlook Calendar

Add Holidays To Outlook 2010 CalendarWith the copious amount of Holidays around the world each year, it’s getting harder and harder at work trying to schedule a conference call with the entire team. Huh? Is Joe off today celebrating the Queen’s birthday? Or perhaps you need to know when a particular holiday is landing on this year. Well, the good news is that all modern versions of Outlook make it easy to add holidays and other major events automatically.

Step 1

In Outlook 2010, Cclick the File tab and Select Options.

Click File from Outlook 2013Outlook 2013 File menu > Options

Step 2

Select the Calendar tab and then click the Add Holidays button.

Add Holiday button in Options

Step 3

Click the checkbox for each country’s holidays that you would like Outlook to download and add to the Calendar.

different countries and different holidays in outlook 2010

Now National Holidays for the countries you checked will show up in your Outlook Calendar.

holidays in outlook 2010 or 2013 calendar

, , , , ,

10 Responses to How to Add National Holidays to the Outlook Calendar

1. Lori April 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

This just adds them to your main calendar. How do you add them to your additional calendars?

• Debbie April 29, 2013 at 8:30 am #

Hi Lori
      Did you ever get an answer on how to add the holidays to your additional calendars?

• Steve Krause May 20, 2013 at 8:48 am #

@Debbie & @Lori — I’m looking and I can’t figure it out. If I find a hack I will let you know.

2. Pro June 13, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

How about deleting calendar that you added? Is there a way? I am trying to delete, but to no avail.

3. Norman November 8, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

Can you undo it?

Apparently The calendars multiply if you repeat the procedure. Now I’m stuck with Holiday duplicates.

So, Is there anyway to delete the duplicates?

• Steve Krause November 8, 2013 at 12:58 pm #

Yes I’ve done that as well… I’m not aware of anyway to do this with Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 “out-of-the-box”. It should warn you before adding another copy of the holidays however, with me it didn’t which is why I also had dupe holidays in the past…

I’ll keep an eye out.

• Norman November 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

Thank you for your advise. But I’ve managed to delete them all and eventually add them once.

What I’ve done is,
        In de calendar, I’ve put the view in “List view” so I can filter all the events with a specific filter. In my case I’ve filtered them with “Location” which brought all the events of Holiday Calendars together sorted by Location.

With all the events listed together in a list I was able to select them all together and delete them with one single click.

Apparently the Holiday Calendar inserts a number os 3-4 years of holidays. So don’t be fooled when you see a long list of just one Location.

I hope this helps you guys as well.

I thank you again Steve for your quick response.

4. William February 16, 2015 at 12:09 am #

My Country not listed on the option, is there any workaround?

• Steve Krause February 17, 2015 at 9:13 pm #

Probably not…. make sure you have a fully updated client.

5. Robbert Doon May 4, 2015 at 4:49 am #

I have added the dutch holidays but they aren’t correct and i would expect them to be in dutch!
    How can i remove them or do I have to delete them one by one?