How to Add Your Gmail Account to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo recently added the capability to add your Gmail account to your Yahoo Mail. After adding your Gmail account, it will fetch your recent 200 messages, and allow you to search your entire Gmail archive (including attachments).

If you have multiple email accounts on different services, Yahoo can be your central hub to manage Outlook (Hotmail), AOL, and, of course, Yahoo email. It also provides the ability to sync Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter contacts.

Add Gmail to Yahoo Mail

You can also do this on your mobile device with the Yahoo Mail app, but here’s a look at doing it via the web interface on a computer.

From Yahoo Mail, go to Settings > Accounts and select Add another mailbox.

2 Add Account

Then select Google from the list of providers.

Select Google

Now it’s just a matter of following the onscreen instructions. You’ll need to enter your account, description, and credentials. Of course, if you have Two-Factor Authentication enabled (which everyone should), there’ll be an extra step.

After you’ve created the account, you’ll see your Gmail account is pending while it gathers your emails. Then you can send, receive, and manage Gmail from the Yahoo web client.

Pending Google Yahoo

You’ll be able to manage Gmail via the Yahoo Mail app on Android and iOS, too.

Yahoo App

12 Responses to How to Add Your Gmail Account to Yahoo Mail

1. Jeroen December 12, 2015 at 8:33 am #

Why would you want that? Just can’t think of any case you would want this feature.

2. Larry Kaplan December 12, 2015 at 5:31 pm #

Doesn’t pushing your gmail to your yahoo account accomplish the same thing? I already have my gmail set to get pushed to my yahoo mail and it works fine.

3. Ralph December 19, 2015 at 1:42 pm #

Is there a way to then disable my Yahoo mail? I like the Yahoo app better than Gmail, but I use Gmail because it plays better with imap (Yahoo uses a non-standard setup). Anyway, all of my Yahoo mail pushes to Gmail, so I’d rather see just my gmail account, not my Yahoo one, by default.

4. Hani March 5, 2016 at 11:50 pm #

I added google account to Yahoo after I changed Google password, I couldn’t get emails from Gmail to Yahoo. After that I deleted google account from Yahoo and tried to add it again but didn’t accept, it says Gmail account is disconnected,
    do you know what to do, please

• Hani March 6, 2016 at 1:10 am #

Oh Thank you so much, problem solved

• miswkp March 20, 2016 at 6:08 pm #

You thanked somebody, but to solution was not displayed. Can you show what was done? thanks

5. Dan April 11, 2016 at 11:27 am #

I have been waiting days for this to pending thing to end, and for the Gmail to come up…….

• Jaime April 12, 2016 at 7:54 am #

Me too. Still pending after almost a week…

6. Samartha April 16, 2016 at 2:47 pm #

Well, there are perfectly good reasons to use this feature. The Gmail app is the default email app on Android and I like to use it to manage my work email. And I don’t want to mix work email with personal email at any level. Besides the Gmail app, I haven’t found any other good email app on Android that can manage multiple accounts well. Even the Outlook app has its quirks.

I found the Yahoo email app well designed and easy to use. It makes managing multiple accounts a breeze. Definitely worth an install.

7. John August 12, 2016 at 10:13 am #

Hi. I tried this and when I click add account add another email is not a choice. it’s not there.
    It only shows the twitter and facebook links.
    There for I can’t add my gmail mailbox.
    Any help on how to accomplish this is appreciated.
    Thanks

8. Matthew Stevens September 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm #

I have added a Gmail and outlook address and mine has said pending for weeks now

• Syed December 1, 2016 at 10:34 am #

what was the solution of this problem ? i am in the same problem right now