groovyPost Update – Introducing groovyPremium

Back in 2007, I founded groovyPost with the goal of providing the best technology resource on the net for both new and advanced computer users. I wanted the site to have the best content yet remain easy to navigate, clean of distractions, and of course…. free.

Six years and 4000+ published articles later, groovyPost has become the thriving community I’d hoped it would become! We publish news, tips, reviews and how to tutorials each and every day for almost a million groovyReaders each month. More than anything however, it’s been an amazing journey and a real pleasure meeting and becoming close with so many different people from around the globe. Granted, it’s also been a lot of hard work but you the reader made each and every word worth it!

Join Us!

The Next Chapter of

Over the past several months as we’ve inched our way towards a new milestone of 4000 published groovyPosts, the groovyPost team has been working hard to make the experience here even better for our readers. And that’s what we’ve done with an all new Premium reader experience for the site which focuses on the content and the community. The two most important aspects of groovyPost!

Introducing groovyPremium, our new premium reader experience! For less than a cup of coffee, groovyPremium gives you the reader all new features which bring focus to our content, adds several new community features and, provides the revenue needed for groovyPost to continue our growth and secure the future of the site.

Some of these new features include:

1. 100% Ad-Free browsing experience on
  2. A seat at the editorial round table!
  3. Download all articles in PDF format.
  4. Access to our new Premium Members only forum.
  5. No more newsletter popups!
  6. and more….
Related Article:  When Buying a New PC, Check out the Microsoft Signature Editions

Several subscription options are available including a monthly, annual or lifetime membership plan. As always, all revenue will be used in support of the site and new features for you the reader (as we think of them).

I’ve designed the new Premium subscription option with you the reader in mind. At just a few bucks a month, there’s no risk and you can cancel anytime. All the details can be found on the groovyPremium details page including all the new features etc…

I’m very excited about the future and this new chapter for our community. I encourage everyone to take advantage of groovyPremium and becoming Supporting Members today!

Join Us!

-Steve Krause

groovyPost Founder

, ,

19 Responses to groovyPost Update – Introducing groovyPremium

1. SueJ August 1, 2013 at 3:15 am #

I’m in! groovyPost articles have helped me out so many times, so very happy to become a supporting member. 🙂

• Brian Burgess August 1, 2013 at 9:04 am #

Awesome! Thanks Sue! We certainly appreciate and won’t disappoint!

2. fred August 1, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

If your idea of annoying regular free subscribers is to provide the pop-up to those who already subscribe, I am advising that I’ll be cancelling my membership very shortly.

• Brian Burgess August 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

Fred, if you already subscribe to the newsletter, and you shouldn’t see that popup anymore. If you are seeing it, we’ll definitely look in to the problem and fix it.

We have a lot going on behind the scenes, and sometimes bugs crop up. Sorry for the inconvenience — we’ll work to fix that ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Ron White August 2, 2013 at 9:05 pm #

Hi, Brian….

I’ve been meaning to mention it: I get the pop-up too although I get the newsletter. And it is annoying.

• Steve Krause August 3, 2013 at 3:35 am #

Hi Ron,

Yeah we had a few issues with the backend after implementing so many changes with the site. This should be fixed now. Moving forward, only those users sent to gP from Yahoo, Bing or Google will get the popup. Also, if you are logged into your account you will not get the popup.

• Steve Krause August 3, 2013 at 3:37 am #

Hi Fred,

Thank you for reading the newsletter. Like Brian mentioned, we had a few “issues” early on however they should all be resolved.

The config is reset now to only show the popup to new users who visit us from Google, Yahoo! and Bing.

• Jackson Taylor August 3, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

@fred – Dude suck it up. What do you expect for free? You want something more than free then step up and pay the man his $3 a month…….

btw – Just subscribed. Thnx groovy dude. Love the site.

• Steve Krause August 4, 2013 at 8:44 am #

Thank you for becoming a subscriber. Every dollar goes towards keeping the lights on and your support is very much appreciated.

Now that you’re a member, be sure to checkout the Members Lounge at and view/cancel your subscription at

PDF Downloads are also now available above each article and of course, you will notice the Ads are gone! YAY!!!!

Welcome and Thank you Jackson!

3. Hal August 11, 2013 at 10:21 am #

I will have a look and certainly consider subscribing. It only takes an pertinent article once in a while to make it worth paying for. No one can write to please everyone with every post.
    Actually, I haven’t been subscribed very long. But several times you have had a post that was right on for me.

Keep up the good work and thanks.

• Steve Krause August 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Thank you for the comment and the support. We try to hit a number of different areas on the site and of course always have fun. Hearing from our readers makes all the difference!

4. Greg Bishop August 21, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

Steve, would downloading a newer version of Windows Live Photo Gallery have any impact on my existing WLPG that has 1,000’s of photos? I do have them backed-up on a separate storage drive.

• Steve Krause September 7, 2013 at 10:03 pm #

Not sure what you mean by “Impacting existing photos”, my guess would be no however, it will impact the database which is tracking all those photos.

So if you have tags and other things that you’ve done to your photo catalog, it will be updated and bring you new features etc..

I honestly would not worry about it. I update Google Picasa as an example and never run into issues.

5. Greg Bishop August 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

apologies for where I asked! GB

6. Charles Billow October 19, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

I tried to install the update, but it said it was already installed…then I ran Disk Cleanup, but the button was not there.

Chuck Billow

• Steve Krause October 19, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

Hi Chuck – Did you post this on the wrong post?

• Charles Billow October 19, 2013 at 3:27 pm #